Being from Norfolk, the resort wasn't a problem - neither were the couple of less usual bits of vocabulary as the clues were clear. 5d caused a chuckle and some admiration at the clever word play.
8. Cadaver - body. Man (Dave) found in estate (car).
9. Lathi - bamboo stick (a long heavy wooden stick used as a weapon in India, esp by the police). In Bhopa(l a thi)ck.
10. Deter - prevent. Browsers (deer) consuming (t)ree.
11. Amperes - current measures. A (a), political (MP), before (ere), (s)peech.
12. Thrifty - economical. Break (rift) inside your old (thy).
14. Addle - go off - which can also be applied to 'overcome by drink' - which makes this a clever word play. Theologian (DD) overcome by (around which is) drink (ale).
15. Offal - refuse. (F)ound inside old (O) and Cornish river (Fal).
17. Retract - withdraw. Pamphlet (tract) by military engineers (RE).
19. Limpopo - African river. Flabby (limp), old (O), petty officer (PO).
20. Dress - double definition.
22. Pulse - double definition.
23. Tuesday - 24 hours. Anagram (new) of DUET SAY.
1. Scad - fish - any of various carangid fishes of the genus Trachurus, esp the horse mackerel. Unhappy (sad) around cold (c).
2. Editor - newspaper boss. We see 'ed' used so often in word play - good to see it as a definition. European (e), girl (Di), rubbish (rot) upwards.
3. Over - a spell of cricket. Duke (d) leaves d(over).
4. Great Yarmouth - Norfolk resort. Anagram (odd) of TO MARRY AT HUGE.
5. Elephant - jumbo. Anagram (flying) of THE PLANE. COD.
6. Stared - gawped. Way (St - street), a (a), left winger (red).
7. Misspent - squandered. Girl (miss), writer (pen), time (t).
12. Trollope - novelist. Bap possibly (roll) inside (eaten by) leading (top), English (E).
13. Follower - attendant. Understand (follow), King Edward (ER).
16. Family - kinsfolk. (F)rost(y) around an anagram (junk) of MAIL.
18. Agenda - meeting schedule. Woman (Ada) around information (gen).
20. Deep - extending far down. Scottish river (Dee), quiet (p).
21. Stye - eyesore. Filthy place (sty), promenad(e).